Tuesday 19 May 2015


Confidence


Confident
Hebrews 10:35
Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. NKJV  
Where is your confidence?
QUOTE OF FAITH
Never cast away your confidence.
Today we are going to talk about a subject that when you find out what it is, the first thing that will come to your mind will be: “Lord!!! Seriously? That cliche subject! I can’t stand reading about it! It’s for believers! I thought we were not supposed to be religious, right? Please!? I don’t think today’s post is for me! I’m going to pack my things now! I’m even with courage! Isn’t there something else to talk about today in the blog?!” The answer is, NO!
Today we will talk about your relationship with God. Nothing new! I know you may be a step closer to closing the screen, because you are sure this post is not for you! If you thought about this, then keep reading! It is you that I want to talk to. 😉 Here you come and tell me: “But Quel… I already have a relationship with God! At my own time… but I have one! The important thing is to have one, right? I go to church and I’m baptized in water! I received the Holy Spirit! I don’t have bad friends, I don’t get involved with the boys in the world… I do everything right, and you want to know something? I’m even an assistant! At school/collage, you should see me! I’m practically a saint!” Did something similar come to your mind? Okay, sit down because now we are going to talk, from student to student. 😉
Having a relationship with God is much more than just going to church and praying! Together we are going to figure this out in the next posts 😉 For a very long, long, long time I thought I had a relationship with God, when in fact I was very far from Him! Can I tell you something? I was raised in church and I never set my toe in the things of this world, let alone the whole foot! But get this, I was an assistant, my life was good, I was practically a saint! But nothing saved me when I found myself alone. Nobody could help me or understand me. Many times I even tried to explain, but it was impossible to convey in words what was happening inside. Some things were no longer important to me. Being with people was indifferent, when in fact I felt lonely. I loved everyone around me, but whatever! Everything seems to turn and move while you are there! Frozen! I had a thousand questions, but God’s silence was obvious. But, what about the devil? Oh, he spoke a lot! To all my questions he had answers! He suggested a way out, a more “loose” life, more “laid-back”. I knew there was no evil spirit in me! I knew I had been delivered! I knew God! But something was happening to me! Could it be the famous “desert” everyone talks about?
The devil will always show you more interesting things to do when you want to take the time to have a relationship with God. Even our education (apparently in a harmless way!) ends up hindering it. Everything seems more interesting than praying or meditating on the Bible. Having a relationship with God is having your moment with Him, without the pastor to help you pray, without the pianist playing in the background to fill you with the emotion of music, without anyone to intercede! It’s only you and God! I know well that our studies consume a large part of our physical and mental strength, but you can’t decide having a relationship with God based on how you feel! Are you tired? Sleepy? Worried about the exam? All of this is feelings, feelings that will not help you at all! For a long time I felt like praying, I felt sleepy, I felt like going to church, felt, felt, felt… but where did all those feelings take me? I decided to have a relationship with God, don’t depend on what you feel and partner up with Him. After all,  you decided to be a #BulletProofStudent and partnering with Him that shields you. 😉
- See more at: http://blogs.universal.org/cristianecardoso/en/allied-students/#sthash.7Y7dkMJp.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment